Waitrose is recalling a selection of pestos bought from the popular British supermarket. The products are at risk of containing peanuts. However, this is not specified on the label so allergy sufferers could be at risk.
- Tesco urgent recall: Heinz products recall over safety fears
The products are Waitrose variety of pesto and Sacla variety of pesto.
Anyone who has recently bought pesto from the store and has an allergy is advised to check their products and see if they are on the list.
Shoppers can then return the item to Waitrose and be given a refund.
Waitrose has said: “Waitrose & Partners is recalling the below products as they may contain peanuts which are not mentioned on the label.
“This means the products are a possible health risk to anyone with an allergy to peanuts.”
The supermarket giant added: “If you have an allergy to peanuts please do not consume.
“Package up item and return the product to your local Waitrose & Partners branch for a refund.”
Here is a full list of the affected products.
The following Waitrose-own pestos are being recalled:
– Waitrose tomato pesto 190g
– Waitrose chilli pesto 190g
– Waitrose cavolo nero pesto 190g
– Waitrose rocket pesto 190g
– Waitrose Essentials basil pesto 190g
– Waitrose Essential sun dried tomato pesto 190g
- Bamboo pesto? Supermarket own brands contain THESE cheaper ingredients
The following Sacla pestos are being recalled:
– Sacla classic basil pesto 190g
– Sacla pesto sundried tomato 190g
– Sacla classic basil pesto Pots 2x45g
– Sacla free from basil pesto 190g
– Sacla reduced fat basil pesto 190g
– Sacla sun-dried tomato pesto pots 2x45g
– Sacla reduced fat sun-dried tomato pesto 190g
– Sacla No 3 chargrilled aubergine pesto 190g
– Sacla ‘Nduja pesto 90g
– Sacla pesto classic 290g
– Sacla No 11 truffle pesto 90g
The Use-by-Dates affected for both brands are “All best before dates.”
Waitrose has issued an apology for the food recall.
“We apologise that it has been necessary to recall these products and for the inconvenience caused,” the supermarket said.
“If you have any questions please contact Waitrose & Partners Customer Care on 0800 188 881, option 4.”Source: Read Full Article